Jump to Content
News & Seminars >
- Hodgson Russ attorney Robert N. Gottfried a presenter at American Immigration Lawyers Association seminar
— The seminar, entitled “Immigration’s New Age: Agencies Struggle to Find Themselves; We Struggle to Adapt and Survive,” was attended by more than 300 attorneys.
- Hodgson Russ partner Jeffrey W. Stone speaks on refundings at NYS Government Finance Officers' Association seminar
— Mr. Stone addressed “Legal Issues Surrounding Advance Refundings,” giving useful advice with respect to the refinancing of existing municipal and school district debt.
- Hodgson Russ attorneys Mary Catherine Malley and R. Kent Roberts on Erie Institute of Law seminar faculty
— The “Technology Transfer — Buffalo’s New Economic Engine: Are You and Your Client Ready for the Ride?” conference focused on educating lawyers, business professionals, and entrepreneurs on technology transfer and commercialization transactions.
- Attorney Ryan L. Everhart and Others at Hodgson Russ Honored for Pro Bono Work
— Mr. Everhart received the Guardianship Volunteer Award from the Erie County Volunteer Lawyers Project at the organization’s 12th annual volunteer recognition reception, November 30.
- Hodgson Russ Partner Pamela Davis Heilman Quoted in Corporate Board Member Magazine
— Pamela Davis Heilman was pictured and quoted in Corporate Board Member magazine's special November issue entitled "What Directors Think."
- Hodgson Russ attorneys lecture at NYSBA intellectual property seminar
— The seminar, entitled "Bridging the Gap: Intellectual Property," offered an overview of issues often encountered in copyright, trademark, and patent law, including specific challenges that arise in real-world intellectual property matters.
- Three Hodgson Russ partners lecture at NYSSBA convention
— Karl W. Kristoff, David A. Farmelo, and Jerome D. Schad of the Firm’s Education Law Practice Group gave presentations at the New York State School Boards Association (NYSSBA)’s 85th Annual Convention and Educational Trade Show.
- Hodgson Russ Partner Pamela Davis Heilman a Moderator at Ontario Economic Summit
— Ms. Heilman, the Firm’s vice president for community relations, moderated a panel entitled “Canada/U.S. Relations … Toward a New Partnership Paradigm” at the Ontario Economic Summit, October 6-7, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario.
- Hodgson Russ Offers Clients the Services of a New Tax Dispute Resolution Group
— The group draws on the experience of more than 50 attorneys to provide clients with broad tax analysis, response to IRS and state and local inquiries, audit management, and administrative or judicial resolution.
- Four Hodgson Russ partners participate in NYSBA's Ninth Annual Tax Institute
— Paul R. Comeau, Alice A. Joseffer, and Mark S. Klein, joined other tax practitioners and officials from across the country as faculty members for the Ninth Annual New York State and City Tax Institute, presented by the New York State Bar Association.
- Four Hodgson Russ Partners Participate in NYSBA’s Ninth Annual Tax Institute
— Paul Comeau, Alice Joseffer, and Mark Klein joined other prominent tax practitioners and officials from across the country as faculty members for the 9th Annual New York State and City Tax Institute.
- Hodgson Russ Partner Hugh M. Russ, III Appointed by Gov. to Roswell Park Board of Directors
— Mr. Russ, practice group leader of the firm’s Torts, Insurance, and Products Liability Practice Group, was appointed by Gov. George Pataki to the Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI) board of directors.
- Hodgson Russ partner A. Joseph Scott named managing partner of Albany office
— Mr. Scott practices in the areas of industrial development agency finance, public authority finance, and municipal and school district finance.
- Hodgson Russ Partner Gary M. Schober Elected to Board of Buffalo Niagara Partnership
— New members of the Board of Directors of the Buffalo Niagara Partnership were elected at the organization’s annual meeting Tuesday, June 22, 2004.
- Hodgson Russ Partner Lauren D. Rachlin Appointed to Federal Industry Trade Advisory Committee
— Industry Trade Advisory Committees (ITACs) were established by a 1974 act of U.S. Congress. The ITACs have a maximum of 50 members from private sector areas to provide expertise on the subject of Customs matters and trade facilitation.
- Hodgson Russ Partner Pamela Davis Heilman Elected to Board of Canadian American Business Council
— The Canadian American Business Council is the major voice of the Canadian American business community in Washington. Ms. Heilman was also elected treasurer of the board and will serve on the board’s executive committee.
- Hodgson Russ Named Best Corporate Law Firm in Buffalo by Corporate Board Member Magazine
— Corporate Board Member Magazine announced on June 10 that for the third consecutive year Hodgson Russ was named the best corporate law firm in Buffalo, NY.
- Hodgson Russ Attorneys Paul R. Comeau and Timothy P. Noonan Receive Burton Award for Legal Writing
— The Burton Award is presented in association with the Law Library of Congress. It honors 20 winners selected from nominations from the top 500 law firms in the United States and 10 winners from leading U.S. law schools.
- Hodgson Russ Partner Lauren D. Rachlin Appointed To NAFTA Dispute Resolution Roster
— Mr. Rachlin has received an appointment making him eligible to serve on international dispute resolution panels related to Chapter 19 of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).